Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

A Slap and a Kiss

“You look really great for someone who just had a baby.”
“Persistence is definitely your virtue…most people would have given up by now.”
“Wow, that’s quite an outfit! I really admire your courage.”
A compliment followed by criticism. A slap and a kiss.
I got a rejection letter today.
Slap.
BUT it was a personalized rejection letter.
Kiss.
Yes, a rejection is a rejection. But my manuscript caught someone’s attention enough that they didn’t just send a form letter. They took the extra time to give me some constructive criticism and even added the tiniest of compliments (amidst the list of everything not right with the story).
A slap and a kiss.
So I’m taking my victories where I can. And I’m counting this a victory.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there!!!! It's not easy, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete