Pages

Friday, June 13, 2014

Woman follows husband for a week. What she finds may shock you!

Yes, I'm trying to be social media trendy with the title of this post. In fact, what you are about to see may not shock you at all...if you know my husband.This is a tribute to the one of the best men I know. I was smart enough to get in on the ground floor and say yes when he asked the big question.

I followed Kurt around for a week snapping iPhone pictures of how he spends his time. There were a few times when he caught me and said, "Did you just take a picture of me, stalker?" I would deny it and he would forget about it...because he's a guy.

So here is my Father's Day tribute to my wonderful husband. Because no matter what he does, no matter where he goes, you will always find him right back next to me.


 You won’t find him drinking at the table
Rolling dice or staying out ’til three
You won’t ever find him be unfaithful
You will find him, you’ll find him next to me

(Kurt comes home from the gym at 6:45 am, just in time to make the kids breakfast...while I sleep for another 25 minutes)

You won’t find him trying to chase the devil
For money, fame, for power, out of greed
You won’t ever find him where the rest go
You will find him, you’ll find him next to me.

 (If he isn't at home or work, he's giving service at our church. Yeah, I took a picture at church.)

When the money’s spent and all my friends have vanished
And I can’t seem to find no help or love for free
I know there’s no need for me to panic
Cause I’ll find him, I’ll find him next to me.

 (He's a kind and excellent doctor. He works so hard to support us.)

 When the skies are grey and all the doors are closing
And the rising pressure makes it hard to breathe
When all I need's a hand to stop the tears from falling
I will find him, I’ll find him next to me.

 (I got home from ballet late one night. There he is folding laundry. This is a normal occurrence.)

 When the end has come and buildings falling down fast
When we’ve spoiled the land and dried up all the sea
When everyone has lost their heads around us
You will find him, you’ll find him next to me.


Happy Father's Day Kurt. I love you.
And hey, I saved $5.00 on a card by doing this. Double win.







1 comment:

  1. I'm always happy when my friends have good husbands.

    ReplyDelete